We started with a Salad of Mixed Greens garnished with Organic Dried Fruits and Hibiscus tossed in a Ginger Dressing.
- Daal Saag - Moong and Chana Dhal combinaton cooked with fresh Organic Spinach and delicately spiced with Cumin and Mustard Seeds
- Kadahi Paneer - Indian fresh Cheese, Bell Peppers, Onions, roasted Cilantro Seeds in a rich Tomato Curry
- Tindora with lightly fried Cashews - Thin slices of lightly spiced Ivy Gourd sauteed with Cashews.
- Cucumber Raita or Pachadi - fresh Yogurt relish with chopped Tomatoes and Cucumbers
- Jeera Rice - Basmati Rice flavoured with Cumin Seeds
- Whole Wheat Paratha - Soft, hand rolled Whole Wheat Flatbread
- Achaar - Mango, Lime and Chilies pickled with hot Spices
Dessert were a variety of mini cupcakes.
The favourite at our table by far was the Kadahi Paneer. We tried to ask for more but they were done and we were sad to see other tables being cleared with full bowls of the wonderfully rich Paneer dish. The food was amazing and incredibly fresh. The Achaar was on the set table so a few of us tried it out as we listened to speeches. It was very spicy and a perfect side. The Dried Hibiscus was a surprise. I had first thought it was a dried apricote or plum. It was very cool. Tart like a Cranberry and as chewy. Really could have eaten the Paneer and the Dhal all night.
It was a wonderful event and I felt very fortunate to have been included in such a special day and event. The detail and respect paid to their culture was very moving. The couple was glowing all night. I was very happy that such a lovely pair had such a perfect day.
I cannot give the credit of the food to the Golf Club though. I can only assume that they had to bring in an outside caterer for the specialty menu. And the table cards and decorations all looked handmade so I image that A and R did alot of this themselves. The location setting was spectacular; made for this wedding . The grounds near the waterfall was ideal for the outdoor ceremony and the dining hall had a view worth the whole investment. The dinner service-folks were okay. The valets were very courteous and prompt.
Silver Creek Valley Country Club
5460 Country Club Pkwy
San Jose, CA 95138